View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
makomago

Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post
You're welcome. I posted for it's own posterity as it was a worthwhile experience. 6 hours by train and a +12 hour day, I spent 3 hours with the group. It was good.

Also starting to work the AA steps. I have trouble identifying my shortcomings as they are mostly inverted. You just gave me the idea to look at these also, cheers.
when I was introduced to Aca I was so very disappointed to learn the nearest meeting was 2hours away and 2 hours back home. I bought the big red book and the yellow book (which is a very excellent steps workbook btw) anyway... when I mentioned the logistical nightmare to the man who I now know as my mentor (he's an aca old timer and pioneer) he said "start you own local meeting"

This seemed like a particularly crazy idea to me, but I did it with the help of some like minded others. We now have a very healthy group in my city and people travel to us... for those that stick aaround long enough I tell them what my mentor told me "start your own local meeting".

Of course I remind them that I'd like them to keep coming to my city and keep in touch, but .. I understand. its tough having to travel big distances and it's unnecessary. For some people it's simply not possible, I wouldn't have been able to attend regularly at all, in fact I would have been a very irregular member... nibbling at aca and it's program.

Besides that means there are more meetings within travelling distances of me.. so everyone is a winner.