Old 09-27-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Snowing27

Smile

Hey HopePrayLove!

I am in day one of the break up. So raw. But past relationships as said by another poster, have been an attraction to bad boys. The personality and humor I guess draws me in.

However this time around, if and when I meet a nice guy, I won't feel undeserving, but at the moment I do feel like I won't find another that will be like my current ex. So I get you.

But if I look deep into it, and pass over that feeling like you have of "him getting me", and no one can ever do that again....I think my present ex was just so unpresent in life that any little thing I did for him was huge for him. So that in turn made me feel huge. Ya know? Like he knew all my buttons, good and bad, and knew when and how to use them ...but that was part of the control and manipulation I believe. Because the good never lasted unless I relented and consequently gave a piece of me to have peace. So him getting me was not necessisarily a good thing it was his method to get his way.

Someone can "get you" by having consistency...bring flowers just because, not because he messed up. And do that type of behavior over and over.

But I do worry that I won't find someone as fun, in spite of the bad times, we did have fun and laugh and just play footsies or just laugh at the way I drive. I don't want all seriousness, and no fun.

At this point, coming out of a bad bad relationship , I personally will be over analyzing every action...is there an hidden agenda ? Did he mess up? Does he want something? Or is he too goody goody ?

I think all loves are different and the love depends on the match. An ex way back was everything to me, he was a bad boy, ended up marrying one of the cheats, and they are happy and successful like 18 years now. They had different dynamics and different timing too.