View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

LOL, yeah, the more I think about it, the sillier it all becomes. So, for the sake of argument, suppose you have a "very bad feeling" that something "terrible" has happened. And, being something of a chickenshit, you call and pretend you're calling for someone else. The other person doesn't bite, but clearly sounds OK--not wheezing her last breath, not sobbing because a child just died.

Fine. You did what you felt you had to do.

So what is the POINT of then sending an email, admitting that this was all a ruse? Am I supposed to apologize for not talking to him? Be grateful I'm still in his memory bank (and phone book)? Be grateful he "cared" enough to check on me? AFAIK, he has no idea where I actually LIVE. I made it a point never to communicate that to him. If he were determined enough to find out, I'm sure he could.

Don't worry, I have no intention of doing any of those things. If he'd been straight with me, and gracefully accepted that I didn't want to talk with him, I'd have more respect for his good intentions. As it is, it's just more evidence that he hasn't changed for the better.