View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

Good to hear from you! Always enjoyed your posts, classmate......great to hear your still sober - both still winners

Yea, isolationist - me too. It's part of the package and a layer of my old drinking habits. I thought it was because of a relocation years back, but in sober hindsight I never had many close friends.

Today I find while there a few folks I can reach out to I really don't have any close buddies, so to speak. However, I find that a sense of purpose helps to put this at bay. I signed up for some Red Cross training and keep busy with various projects as well. I do still attend meetings and that helps.

Are you certain now that you have over two years you wouldn't want to occasionally go to a meeting? It's a room full of people like us.........you have some hope, certainly to offer others.

Not trying to be pushy about that but I find I have to make myself get in the middle at times.

Glad you posted, hope you'll consider to do so. If your into any level of NFL we have a guys and gals SR football pool.......love ta have have jump in!!

Kind Regards,
Fly