View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fireice83

Giving things a try!!

Hi My name is Erin. I just joined today because I thinK I've finally hit rock bottom or close enough to know that I don't want it to be worse. I've been reading different posts and everyone seems really supportive. It's been a two days for me without any substances and starting soon I'll be entering some sort of program. All I know is that during these past few days I'll be fine one second and then the next all I want to do is cry. My parents want me to talk to them about how I feel and what's wrong but to be honest I really don't know. I feel myself wanting a drink or something like sleeping pills so I can just not think about things. I'm sure this is typical but I don't want to tell my parents this because I know it will scare them. I was in the ER on Saturday because of a whole mess of stuff that happened because I drank. I really scared them and I don't want them to know I'm thinking about drinking because it will make them think that I don't want to get better. I do want to get better but I can't stop thinking about drinking......I'm craving that numbness....does that make sense?