View Single Post
Old 09-25-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Candela

keep the faith

Dear Steve:

Please know that we are here to support you. I had a tough weekend myself. As someone who has sobered up, relapsed, and sobered up again, I am very familiar with the cycle of early sobriety. Right now I am on another day 7 - my last day 7 God willing - and I feel at certain moments as if I'm made of glass. My own thoughts and emotions make me feel like I could break any minute. Then I take a breath and remind myself that anything worth having is worth working for. If sobriety were easy a lot more of us would be sober.

People get sober in a lot of different ways and there are a lot of great resources on this site. This girl has to do AA and work the steps, it's the only thing that works for me. Otherwise, it is too easy to forget who I am - a person with the disease of alcoholism. So - despite the emotional ups and downs I feel, the physical implications of my drinking (liver pain and exhaustion), and the stress I am feeling about some major things in my life - I hang on to the fact that I am sober today. And today - like every day - that's all that matters.

Please keep sharing and posting. It does get better!