Old 09-25-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
LastDrinks

Originally Posted by Aellyce View Post
I used Brain Sync in the past and like many of their tunes. I heard musicians who used binaural beats say that many those that are available on youtube etc are not as effective because they lack the resolution and richness original tunes have but not sure how valid this is.
It depends on the type. Brain sync, holosync and all those fancy ones can use binaurals, White/pink/brown noise music, sometimes subliminal messages etc so a compressed YouTube version of those may not be as good as it may cut out some of the inaudible frequencies and lower the sampling rate.

However personally I just prefer plain old binaural beats which are just 2 sine waves and maybe a bit of music thrown in for good measure which YouTube's compression has absolutely no effect on their effectiveness. Everyone is different but and it pays to try out a few type to see which works best for you.

Here is one example of a study/learning one, there are heaps for free if you search on YouTube.
https://youtu.be/oTuEvnfgQcY

I also find downtempo electronic music like early Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada soothes me and helps focus when I need to learn, as does classical music.

Mind you there have been many times in the last couple of weeks quitting where none of this has made a difference, but using them has still allowed me to output some work during the process.