Old 08-15-2005, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mam631

suggestions for treatment of opiate withdrawal

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1>i tried very hard this weekend to make the decision to stop using and get help. i didnt make it through today. it wasnt as bad as other days, but, i still managed to consume 8 percocets and 40 mg morphine. i have got to STOP before i accidently over do it and die...or lose my job. i had one day (and that was yesterday) clean. i now see that i am going to have to seek outside help. i am not going to be able to do this alone this time. i am using more than i ever had before and more frequently. i made a doctors appointment for tomorrow. he already knows my problem and treated me before. i know i am going to need some inpatient treatment....or very strict outpatient treatment. i need to stop right now....no waiting. but, being a nurse in a pretty important role (administrative)....i have to do this very discreetly and it has to be scheduled and planned in advance.
i am asking this group to give me ideas of treatment medications that they think work well for opiate withdrawal. my physician is very open to suggestions and he has a psychiatric background.

i wish i had sought out this website sooner. i can see this will be a place i can go to when i need to talk to someone who can help me and direct me to others who can help.

thank you again for your support
mary
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2> </TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>