View Single Post
Old 09-24-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

I had never broken any major bones (a couple of fractured fingers) until I got sober.

Shortly before my one year anniversary I tripped on some broken sidewalk. I thought it was just some fluid on my knee until I went to the doctor; yes, there was fluid; that is what was keeping the patella from totally falling apart. Ah the joys of a birthday/anniversary night celebration (standing at a podium), and also flying from Houston to San Francisco, all in a full leg cast (hip to ankle).

When I was about five (5) years sober, on my way to work, in the rain, walking on solid pea gravel that was coated with gasoline, oil, and grease (someone thought it was a good surface for a driveway), I slipped; dislocated my ankle inside and out), fractured my ankle (inside and out)........mt foot was at a right angle, but in the wrong direction, and broke my fibula. Now that was real fun; surgery, five (5) days in hospital, one week with only bandages and then a cast; all the while having to manage the stairs to my second floor apartment.

Ah, the joys of being young.............................

(o: