Old 09-23-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by ThomPom View Post
Thanks freshstart57, I think you are right on by covering the basics first. I am into all you are proposing.

Do you think any additional support, eG Vitamin B or a targeted cognitive training will speed up the process. EG I have read freuqent trainings sessions remembering what you have done this last days will help.

Or, what about "brain fats", for instance lecithin and the like?

Thanks, Thomas

Any suggestions?
I know that B vitamins are often recommended for the newly sober. I also am told that we are deficient in vitamin D unless we spend a good portion of our day outside, especially during the winter months. D regulates so many things, it's most important. Zinc may also be insufficient. I prefer to get my vitamins and minerals from food, they taste a lot better that way.

As for fats, I like to get them from a variety of sources, including animal, vegetable (avocado and olive) and nuts too.

As for cognitive exercises, they may be useful, but I don't do any. I do like to pursue a wide variety of interests that require and develop ability and mastery.

Please consult a professional, medical or dietary, before undertaking any supplement program.

Just stick to rule 1, and you will work the rest out I am sure in your own time. All will be well.