Thread: I'm giving up
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by YoungHyde25 View Post
I should have moved out a long time ago, I should have done a lot of things, I remember once my mother called the cops on me when I was 18 for getting her shower rug wet after I got out the shower(which makes no sense to me). It took me a long time to realize how the world actually worked, I just learned about how income tax worked this past February. I've been calling these places I put applications into and everyone keeps saying the manager is busy or they come in later but they'll take my name down. I'm starting to lose hope. It really looks like I'll be out in the streets in a months time. It seems as if I have run out of luck.
Every single one of us could come up with a very long list of things "should" or "could" or "would" have done in the past. Problem is, there's nothing we can do about any of them. What we can do is make a list of things we can do today. You aren't going to find a job overnight, it's going to take days - maybe weeks. The fact that people aren't calling you back has nothing to do with you or your history, it's simply because they are busy - hiring people is a lot of work.

Keep at it - luck really doesn't play much of a factor in life I've found - taking responsibility for our own actions and having a plan does though. You've got a good plan to find a job and potentially move out on your own, keep at it. As you mention you've already learned a lot and will learn a lot more as you go through the process.