Thread: I'm giving up
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by YoungHyde25 View Post
I don't know, I'm very prideful and I'm not the type to beg. Living with my mother is not very easy. She feels like she's always right, always goes back on her word, is extremely judgemental of others and constantly victimized herself. I think this may be due to a poor relationship with her abusive father. But I've had to deal with this for years and she makes being sober very hard. All my life she has told me I wasn't good enough as her friends children, so that's one reason I've felt like a failure. I was sober for 2 months straight and all she did was remind me that I was still a drunk. She constantly accused me of smoking weed when I told her I didn't.

She also doesn't believe in depression so whenever I tried to talk to her about my issues she would say I was too sensitive or feeling sorry for myself. One reason I started drinking was so that I could feel nothing. So I really don't,now that I think about it it's very stressful living with someone like that. Especially all these years.
sounds toxic. I always hated hearing the whole "quit feeling sorry for yourself" bit. it was like thanks discount all myh problems and make me feel like a sissy great that was helpful.

My home life was toxic for different reasoins abotu the time i left and i too was just living with my mother. Once I left tho it was as if a ton of bricks got lifted off my shoulders I had a whole new set of problems of course but wow i felt so much better.

Its good to get out of bad environments.