View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
MeSoSober

Rob65 -- count me among those who are impressed that you came so close to caving and still said NO. Now you know you have that strength.

Martin1 -- 11 days is a great string! You're getting it done buddy! Please stick around and keep posting and I'll be in touch too.

Sadsadgirl, Windancer -- Just wishing you both strength. It's such a cliche but I think there is a lot to be said for getting through "one day at a time."

Eventhorizons -- you love presentations?! Yes, you are a weirdo. It takes one to know one. Keep your eyeball where it belongs. :-P

bblackbirdflyy -- There's strength (and sobriety!) in numbers, I say, so welcome to you!

Red300Hemi -- I wish I were so close to the ocean!

CutenGayYay -- hope it was a great birthday for you -- here's to many more!

For everyone else, stay strong and please stick around!

I have had some of what I'm going to call "flash cravings." Here for just an instant and then gone. But last night I was looking through a Food Network magazine and there was a close-up of this very refreshing-looking fruity cocktail and a quote from a celebrity chef -- "This cocktail float makes the gin lover in me happy." And for a second my AV said, "There is no WAY that you're never going to drink again." Maybe that's true. What I KNOW is true is that that voice is fleeting and I can't trust it -- sitting here now I don't feel that way. In any case I don't have to think about "forever," I am generally better off thinking about TODAY.

I think I'm going to make myself a luscious grilled cheese later.

That's it for now -- have a great and sober day and night, everybody.