View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
MyLadder

Originally Posted by Rob65 View Post
I am on day 12 and almost blew it. Strongest craving I've had yet. I had strong cravings on days 2, 3, 4... but then they started to subside. And each day got better. This afternoon, I started having a very strong craving to drink an it kept getting more, and more intense. I tried to chase it away by doing things and trying not to think about it. I was out running errands and before you knew it, I was sitting in the liquor store parking lot. I had decided that the only way to get the feeling to go away was to have some drinks. I had convinced myself that I had gone 12 days and deserved a break. I know....crazy thoughts. I actually sat in my car in the parking lot watching people go in and out. I wanted to drink so bad....but I also wanted to get to day 13 and not have to start over at day 1 again tomorrow. I mustered up enough strength and willpower to pull out of the parking lot without going in. I drove straight home, put some music on, poured me a La Croix sparkling water, and sat down to type this and read updates from some of my fellow September classmates.

I can push the occasional thoughts of wanting a drink out of my head and have done so the past several days. But this thought of drinking was more like a giant hand nudging me towards the liquor store while whispering in my ear to "go ahead....you deserve it....it will taste and feel wonderful". I just started thinking about how good I've been feeling lately. How positive and upbeat I've been. How it's felt waking up sober and without guilt. That got me through. I'm glad SR is here and I'm thankful for my classmates.

Thanks for listening (reading). I know that you all understand how hard this is. Stay strong and sober classmates !!
Wow. I just blew my day 4 and best streak and have to start over. I wish I had checked this before and read this post. This is the EXACT process and feeling I experienced but folded. Do Crossfit tomorrow it said, Make tonight fun it said. Damn it. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

But we are getting back up tomorrow with some new tools and a reminder to check SR in a moment of weakness.

I f'd up my streak tonight but I can do this.