View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by vikmaniac View Post
Scott the the problem is tha i doesn't drink to relief my symptoms i just drink because i'm afraid of the symptoms. I wake up normally every morning, and drink late at evening just because i 'm afraid to left myself without any alchohol, i don't even fell the need to do it, i read a lot of articles on the internet and i didn't read something like this.

As you can imagine because of my GAD i feel very scared about not having symptoms. I know it sounds stupid , but if i had any symptoms i was gonna treat them as i should.
I don't think it really matters why you are still drinking - either to avoid symptoms or because you are afraid of symptoms. Bottom line you are still drinking and if you decide to stop, seeking some medical advice is a good idea to avoid any possible bad side effects.

I am diagnosed with GAD myself and specifically health anxiety so I understand very well what you are going through. I felt the same way when I quit. And one time I ended up in the ER because I didn't seek help first. It ended up being nothing major but i was foolish to do it on my own. It's far better to be safe than sorry.