Thread: I'm giving up
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Xiz

7 / 8 months ago I had it all going pretty well for me.

I'd quit the booze, had an amazing girlfriend who I loved dearly and a steady job.

My GF moved abroad at the time to open her dream shop, with some help from me, and 3 months later I was to make the 3,000 mile trip to be with her.

Pretty much a few weeks after my company shut down as the owner had, to everyones surprise, been in debt for a long time. I lost my job. Fair enough; it was only for a few more months anyway.

Like 2 f**king days later the girl of my dreams told me she'd met someone new whilst living abroad, she was sorry and for me to not go over.

How the hell can someone do something like that? Truly heartbroken. Worst feeling of my life.

For the next 6 months I drank myself into oblivion, and took more drugs than I care to remember (I actually can't remember half of it). I was depressed, had literally no one, and hit rock bottom.

Last month I hit a month sober (albeit a little relapse) but it was the best month I could have ever asked for.

I felt healthier, more motivated, more positive and got luckier. I then thought to myself how could any of them feelings (or lucky chances - got talking to someone at a bus stop and got a job trial out the blue) come about during the last 6 months when I was permanently drunk? The answer is it wasn't. And it didn't. Only by stopping drinking did things become better.

Please, whatever you do, don't do exactly what I did the last 6 months.