Thread: I'm giving up
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by YoungHyde25 View Post
Yeah, but who cares about my life? I really see no reason to be here, my life does nothing to contribute any good to anyone. I have no friends, no close relationships, no nothing. I'm simply here, it's been that way for a long time.
A lot of people can say exactly the same about life at the end of their active alcoholism. The thing to remember is to not mistake the chicken for the egg. Drinking CAUSES those things. It's not a case of those things cause the drinking, because you know what, alcohol doesn't solve any of the problems you listed. But, getting sober together with working a good program of recovery can do, over time. Just removing the drink won't do it though, because life will always throw up some misfortune or discomfort from time to time. That's just life. No one gets a completely smooth ride of it no matter how it looks to others from the outside. Recovery is about learning to deal with setbacks (emotionally and practically ) instead of hiding from the problems in a bottle.

I hope you decide to ditch the booze and find some acceptance for the next 6 months. You got through the last 6 and you can get through the next, especially if you add in some more tools to your recovery plan. You could be in much worse places after all.