View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
EventHorizons

Haha, zjw. I think in no way could I use your approach, but I do find it amusing! Punch your own mind into submission. I like it!

I gotta say, the bed thing is a little weird. My gf probably wouldn't care about me being in bed so much as the principle of me being on the floor. But hey, whatever works man! Do you lay on anything at all? Like thicker than a blanket? Is it a temperature thing? Bed vibrations? Just curious.

My mind, when it starts repeating, is like a record player skipping in a single groove. Much like a record player I can ignore it for a little while. But, if I go check out that noise in the background, it's just that needle still stuck in that groove. As I progress through this process maybe I'll find better coping techniques for that as well.

And gottalife, I certainly appreciate what your saying about the steps and a peaceful mind. Unfortunately, my obsessive thinking well predates my drinking. I don't think it's the proverbial egg that hatched the drinking chicken, but it is most certainly an egg of some sort.

I'll keep chipping away though!!