View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Elicia08

((((Bexxed)))). I just finished reading this whole thread and I was over half-way through it when I realized the OP was over three years ago. You are amazing, my friend. I am so proud of you for continuing to come back. I hope and pray to God I never drink again, but if I do I hope even more I can have the courage to come back here and keep trying.

That said, I didn't really rotate stores much. I have a little gas station just up the road that sells beer and such. I used to go up there and just get a 12-pack, often having to return later that night for more. One time the stock guy said, "You know, if you buy the 30-pack it's cheaper and you don't have to come back so often..." I thought he was brilliant! Lol. From then on I was buying a 30-pack about every other day. Occasionally I would actually need groceries and would go to the store down the street. I remember being relieved that I wouldn't have to go into the gas station that day.

As far as recycling goes, I am also a "keep America beautiful" kinda girl, but I didn't have recycling pick up at my house. I kept bags and bags and bags of cans, letting them all pile up on the side of my house. Recently I signed up for curb-side pick up at my house and they delivered one of those giant bins with the lid. It took three cycles for all the cans to be gone and the bin was filled each time to over flowing. Gross. I can imagine how much worse it would have been if I had continued to drink all that time.

Grateful that his thread is here so others can see they are not alone....