Thread: Strange Problem
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hayfmr

Strange Problem

Soon to be EXAW has been a long time binge drinker in seclusion. After our daughter kicked her out of the wedding in July for getting hammered before the wedding she left and has been living in a rental property that we own. I have filed for divorce and she has been served. She failed to respond within the 20 day deadline. She is not paying the bills or taking care of anything. All of her mail still comes to my house. I have asked her to pickup her mail and a check I have for her to live on. Refuses to do it. I tried delivering them to her house but she refuses to open the door. Refuses to come get any of her stuff or allow me to deliver it.

Anyone ever faced this problem and how did you deal with it? I plan to send the lawyer an email asking what to do. Don't want to mess up my credit rating because I will have to borrow a lot of money to get out of this mess. She has both credit card and medical bills that are not being paid. Don't think my name is on any of the credit card bills but not positive.