Old 09-17-2016, 02:12 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
I've read on this site of the existence of AV challenge excercises. Do these exist and if so, can you point me in the right direction and also, what are your opinions upon the merits of applying them; particularly given that my BP was made last week. I've re-read the AVRT cure and can't locate any references.

Thanking you all in anticipation.
Hi Tatsy,

I think "AV challenge" exercises are the same as "shifting" exercises. There's also the five second example of holding up your hand and saying "OK, Beast, let's see you wiggle my fingers against my will."

The Beast is a creature of depression then drink. The idea that walking your dog might result in finding a dead body and you'd better be ready to have something to drink to manage the trauma is a textbook classic example. Well done.

I didn't see any motivation to do "shifting" while my Beast was so creative, as yours now is, in its single minded drive to get me to question my permanent abstinence. But if you find yourself in the booze isle at the grocery store, sure, turn and stand for a moment and look at ITs stuff and practice shifting back and forth between ITs feelings and YOUR feelings; harmless, and ultimately enlightening on the efficacy of AVRT with a Big Plan.

GT