Old 09-16-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
JesseJe

The joy and fulfillment I feel out of life now that I haven't felt in the last 10 years is wonderful enough to keep me sober.

The knowledge of having missed out on so much keeps me disgusted with alcohol and what it did to me, my life and my ambition.

My joy is back and I never want to drown it out again.

Facing challenges head-on with a clear mind is intoxicatingly confidence boosting.

As a millennial, I am disgusted with my generation and disagree socially and culturally with the majority of my peers. Seeing their drunken faces in pictures all over social media is confirmation of my choice to not associate with them and to be above the cultural trends that permeate their lifestyles. It's a temporary ego boost that I will use to my advantage until I am completely over it.

God the beautiful sober mornings just keep getting better.

I feel like I am actually evolving and growing as a person. I'm becoming a better person each day instead of the opposite.

Endless energy.

Turns out I actually do have money now that I'm not spending 600+ dollars a month on drinking and partying.

Someone mentioned it above but feeling more relaxed around people was a pleasant surprise that came with sobriety.

I'm now only doing good things for my body.

I look so much better. My skin has cleared, my eyes are brighter, hair healthier etc.

The relationships I have in my life are genuine.

Sorry for the long post. There's a lot of reasons sobriety rules