Old 09-15-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
WeekendShadow

Thanks you guys.

Luckily (or unluckily, I suppose), I never got into going to bars for booze. I'd just stay home by myself. Of course, that means the everyday things around the house might prove to be triggers, rather than an establishment I can choose not to frequent.

Thanks for the link of things to do, going to check it out now. And heck yes I need new people in my life... though I'm a bit antsy about it, because I don't trust my own judgement at this point. Plus, I keep getting hung up on getting rejected, and trying to convert people ("I'm actually a good guy! Let me prove it!"), instead of focusing on the good people who deserve the effort infinitely more.

I've lots to work on besides not drinking. Yet I recognize that drinking is holding back the whole darn train. For me, I think a large part of this is going to be learning to make it through the ebb tides of depression without saying to hell with it and leaping off the wagon.

I'm trying. I'm really glad I found this forum. Everybody here has been really supportive so far. I really appreciate it.