Old 09-15-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Ooona

So hey, whats up??? Our BIG group has gotten much smaller and I sometimes wonder what everyone is up to? I truly pray for every single person who is posting, reading, visiting or contemplating joining SR or embracing the possibility of recovery! The sad reality though is that not everyone is going to 'get it', I think I heard a statistic one time that only 1 in 60 people would still be sober at one year. That is a TERRIFYING. This IS a life or death situation, I try to keep that in the forefront of my mind, none of us are guaranteed another relapse, another slip. There was a time when I really didnt care if I lived or died. I mean, I wasnt making a plan to end my life but I. Just. Didnt. Care. PERIOD. Today, I can truly say that I want to live, not only just live but I want to LIVE, ya know what I mean?
The last 46 days of being sober is a gift, one that has so graciously been given to me and one that I am so protective of! Im not going to allow not one single event or person to take that away from me. Im going to cherish, protect, surround myself with and fight like a wild banjee if it is in jeopardy! Yeowwza! Its crazy, I am FINALLY treating myself as I have always treated others. The idea of fighting for my recovery ( fighting the enemy in whatever form it takes) is a foreign thing for me. I was always much better at standing up for others rather then what was best for me.

Im rambling this morning but regardless, just reflecting on an internal change and making my daily commitment to remain on guard and to fight whatever external or internal force that wants to make me one of the many who are still out there sick and suffering.

Prayers for all your continued success!!