View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Noolan

Obo- I think gardening sounds like a great idea. Cooking for me has become something I discovered in sobriety. I used to view it as a chore, but now I truly enjoy the whole process from prep to obviously eating. UP nailed the anger and resentment advice, but I will add that when I choose to carry around anger, I'm choosing to suffer. Nothing good for me ever comes from it.

Well, today is 8 months sober; it's crazy to say. I don't really count, but it's nice when it hits. Beyond that, it's been an interesting work week. I started training for that promotion and unfortunately I've come to realize it's not for me. The good news is if I fail training, I just go back to my old role. So tomorrow is operation nose dive. On the one hand, I feel bad about not just coming out and telling the company I'm not comfortable with the position. On the other hand, I think me telling them I don't agree with the role on moral grounds wouldn't be well received. Yet, I'm feeling immoral about the means I have to go to be moral and do the right thing, haha.