View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Incontrol15

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Glad to see everyone doing well and making great progress!

Inc, I am sure you can appreciate this. My store saw a bunch of college kids leave to go away to school this fall and we had a few unexpectedly quit. Suddenly, we have hundreds of hours of payroll dollars not being used just as our business is ramping up from the slower summer. My boss didn't want to spend any extra dollars hiring and training replacements during the summer so now we have a bunch of newbies trying to be trained all at once. I saw this car crash coming months ago. End result is that we lose lots of sales because we can't get the product on the shelf. You end up paying for training one way or another. Now I remember why this job always led me to drink.
LOL. Yeah, been there, done that. Why do the store managers have a hard time understanding that? Plus, there's always opportunity to upgrade somebody. Or at least hack underperformer hours.

Now, you're going to have a bunch of turn over for a while too as some of the newbs get better offers, or decide they don't like working after all.

And, when hiring is 911 mode, he probably took on some dead weight that you wouldn't have hired a couple months ago when theres no urgency.

At least now you can handle the situation better. It is what it is.