Old 09-13-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Fusion

Thank you to everyone who has sent me congratulations.

Hello Stargazer, thank for for your encouragement. I too drank for decades and the recovery group steps program was ineffective, for me. I'm glad you found AVRT and saved your life. I'm so thrilled I read the posts and the secular site and received PMs. AVRT has saved me too.

Hello GerandTwine, thank you for asking after me. The withdrawals were pretty rough physically; although little IT action - until yesterday.

I've realised the Beast was pleased that I booked the caving experience and concert. I admit the caving was a long shot, but I wanted a focus to excercise, eat healthily and get fitter.

The Beast attacked suddenly. "What on earth have I done! I've wasted that money, the experience organiser will take one look at me and refuse me entry. What a fool I am. I might as well cancel it and go buy some drink now". I felt completely deflated, sad, depressed".

But I concentrated and remembered weighing up the time interval and viability of booking, and proceeded on the basis it was achievable. Then it struck me, that what I heard berating me, was my Beast's AV! I quickly re-read the 'Beast Strikes Back' chapter in RR. As I was unsure whether to ignore it or perhaps challenge it.

I challenged it, reminding IT that I had made the trip decision based upon logic that I would be fit enough and I told it I would not drink, no matter what.

IT retorted with "But you don't understand, I'm only thinking of you. It's a dangerous experience. You could break your foot or wrist. Do you remember years ago, when you had fractures. You might as well give up this health drive and go buy some drink".
IT called me YOU. I was astounded.

Later, IT said "You may as well cancel the concert, because you won't be able to attend as it will act as a trigger. You always used to drink at concerts. So if you're going to properly enjoy the concert, then you'll have to drink. So you might as well carry on drinking now and make a new BP after the concert". Let's go and buy some drink now"

So that AV used YOU and US in the same attack.

Later, IT said you've done well today. Been productive. Let's go buy some drink and sit down by the stream as the sun fades". IT called me 'US'.!!!!

When I tried to combat cravings previously, I used the term AV as it's universal in recovery groups. But the RR AVRT usage and Technique is utterly and entirely different. There is no battling with it. I just say NO, I never drink and I will never drink again: I mean it and I believe it. Consequently, the AV voice and the anxious, uncomfortable craving physiological feelings, all disappear.

Sorry to ramble, but this such a revelation to me. I am over the physical shaky feelings now. But this morning, my hands began to shake, as they did de-toxins. I heard the AV say "Oh look, it's not over yet. You'd better buy some drink . Just enough to taper, if you need it, for safety". I said NO etc., and within minutes my hands stopped shaking!

The Beast then became inventive and imaginative. I took the dogs to the stream. One began digging in the stream bed. I heard the AV say, at the same time as feeling nervous trepidation...." OMG!... The dog's scented a dead body, buried in the stream bed. Go out NOW and buy some drink. You'll need a few drinks to steady your nerves before calling the police. And get enough for later on too, when they discover the cadaver or body parts!"

I just smiled. Said NO etc., and my anxious feelings settled, the AV became quiet, and I calmly sat, enjoying watching my dog innocently digging.

I just can't explain it adequately. I feel in control, empowered. When I first encountered AVRT, it sounded so simple, too good to be true. I've now discovered how powerful and life changing it is.

I just caught myself about to type "It's early days, but so far it's working". Instantly I stopped, as I recognised the AV at play again! It's persistent.