Old 09-11-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Fusion

Oh thank you, Tursiops, that's so sweet of you to ask after me. It's been rough, really rough. I've watched some pretty eventful scenes when I close my eyes. None are scary, really, no crawling insects, thankfully. Some floating red devil like heads and monochrome beautiful scenes. I found them strangely comforting, in that they were being purged from me. Not that I'm religious, in any way. They've stopped now. I feel calm. I can't describe it, save for I can't imagine ever drinking again. It's weird, not what I expected, struggling a little with the withdrawals still, but I feel quite elated.

My blood pressure and heart rate both increased, somewhat alarmingly. But I utilised a technique I discovered, where you slow your breathing so that you breath in and out just four to six times a minute. Although difficult, that very act, will reduce your blood pressure. It certainly worked for me.

Amazingly, whilst in the throes of withdrawal yesterday, I booked a six hour underground cavern extreme experience........as a focus, going forwards in my new life. Therefore I need to get fit over the next month or so. It's a commitment, I've not made a commitment for such a long time.

I can't explain it, other than to say that I've been released from the shackles that kept me stuck in alcoholism for so long. I also booked a concert! This is a new lease of life for me. I'm so grateful to all the folks on this thread and the others I've previousy mentioned.

Plus today, whereas I'd usually drink all day, as my husband cut the lawns...I actually helped him! He was amazed! It's as though a switch has been flipped in my head!

I'm so grateful that the withdrawals weren't worse. I attribute it to tapering (up and down) and taking vitamins over the last few months since I joined SR. So glad to be here. I believe the worst of the withdrawals must be over, time wise. I simply can't believe I've finally stopped! So, so, so relieved. It feels like a new lease of life.