View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by cece1960 View Post
wow, Zoso...you sound really grounded, and happy. I am happy for you.
I too am selling the family home. I bought it from my father some time ago, and now will be putting it on the market. It is difficult, and I can't imagine how I will feel at the closing.
I was raised here, and I raised my kids here. Throw in a couple of grandkids and wow...the memories...
I don't think it's totally hit me yet, CeCe. My makeup is really convoluted in that I'm both a pragmatist (by virtue of my education and my profession) AND very sentimental. For now, my pragmatic side is winning the day, but I'm honest enough with myself to know that when I leave the house for the final time, it's going to be emotional. Everyone in my family and our relatives have their own memories of the house. Fifty six years in one house is a long time. But nothing lasts forever.

The past seven years in that house have been up and down for me for a lot of reasons. One thing I'm thankful for is in the nine months my girlfriend and I have been together, we've made some very tender, precious memories in that house. So I'm leaving it on an up note.

My loft is beautiful. It's bright, it's open, and it's perfect for entertaining. I'm really looking forward to moving in.

Good luck on the sale of your house, CeCe.