View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ericar

Originally Posted by Sunshine1234 View Post
I am so sorry for what brought you here and your pain. I too have a newborn (well...6 months now and a toddler). I know how gut wrenching it is when kids are involved. When I first came to SR 5 months ago I was devastated by my husbands poor choices and inability to put his beautiful kids and myself first. I have learned so much from reading others stories on here and it was so comforting to know I was not alone. Your kids are so lucky to have you!! I've decided to move on and I am divorcing my husband. It's good to know you will be financially ok. As far as emotionally...rally a trusting team around you during this time...family, friends, a good therapist, Al-anon etc. Hugs from another mom that understands!!
Thank you. I'm sorry to hear of your situation as well. What are you doing about custody and visitation? I am okay with him having them sometimes if he isn't drinking. His parents take care of our older child quite often so that could be problematic. Our younger child is always with me due to breastfeeding. I have been thinking I need to leave him if he doesn't truly change for some time but now that I'm trying to work out the logistics it's rather mind-blowing. I have told him he needs to move out but I don't think he believes me because I've said it before and gone back on it. I don't want a long drawn out divorce and I don't want to hurt him. I really love him but I just need my sanity back. He is not good for anyone if he can't stop drinking. And apparently he can't. So now what, geez, it's so overwhelming.