Old 09-05-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Fusion

Hello MesaMan, thank you for the Jethro Tull song and rainbow photo! I really appreciated your response to my previous post. The road less travelled is sometimes difficult to traverse. Rock and rock geocaching sounds fantastic .

For many years I'd promised myself I'd return to Scotland and tour; retracing my youthful tour. So your post set off reminiscing. It was a fantastic trip, no booking ahead, no real route, just stopping as the fancy took us, locating accommodation, staying a while, then moving on. Highlands and island hoping. It was an idyllic summer (apart for the midges). I rarely drank, the occasional glass or two of wine, when eating out. As I reminisced I concentrated on the involvement of alcohol in my life, at that time. It was peripheral, negligible. I had no g-d shaped hole to fill by drinking. Years later, after a number of adverse events, drink was used to dull negative emotions.

I've never been capable of revisiting and touring Scotland, because Drink is effectively ruining my life and I'm a prisoner. I refuse day excursions, pursuits and hobbies, in favour of drinking all day, every day. It's madness. Yet, if I stop drinking and recover; it is possible I can pursue some long held dreams.

I'm glad I bought the RR book because it also serves to deprogram folks who've been exposed to step programs. I still had residual thoughts that I'd failed, not the step program; therefore this deprograming was beneficial.

I'm just stuck in the physical dependence/possible dangerous withdrawal trap. I'm ready to make a BP, truly committed, yet I seem unable to reduce below one and a half bottles of wine, only to and increase upwards once more.

But this week, that changes as I'm armed with AVRT, and will ignore the AV that derails my taper and I will make it work.

Many thanks for your support.