View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SlickRick07

I will admit, that perhaps I'm taking it a bit far. I've been in relationships before though that we stopped talking to other people after the first date to see where we were going to go. Although, I can't compare future relationships to those of the past.

She did text me today and said she's excited about tomorrow. So, I do plan to grab some flowers before I go to her place. Its the 3rd date, so flowers aren't out of place, and it would be a nice touch. As far as pushing things, I haven't mentioned anything to her. I will see how tomorrow goes, and reassess. If I don't feel like she is pushing it enough, then I'll get back on dating sites.

Well this thread has been about that situation, I mostly meant it for advice on how to avoid being lonely. I totally get that I'm not healthy mentally. I feel socially isolated. All of my friends are either married or have kids so I don't see them. My friend gave me the advice on focusing on hobbies that I enjoy and taking them further. I've felt very off kilter starting this new job. I have so much to learn and I feel a lot of pressure to be social at work to make a good impression. My boss is also one of the VP's so I have the added pressure of always reporting to senior leadership. Its looking like its going to take me a month or more before I'm really able to contribute.