View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
EndGameNYC
EndGame

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
yeah i heard another quote

"life does not worry about life only mind does that" --mooji

its all easier said then done. but good points.
This hasn't been my experience, at least not in comparison to whom and what I used to be. I think a whole lot of dreams end with "easier said than done." In fact, I take the expression as a challenge, rather than a reason to either search for an easier, less fulfilling alternative, or do nothing at all. Anything I've achieved in life of any value to me required hard work and doing plenty of things I'd rather not do. In the long run, it's always been much more difficult for me -- and depleting -- to argue with my own thinking around how I'm not smart enough, experienced enough, likeable enough or good enough to pursue my dreams and desires than is the doing part.

The concept of an AV, for example, is, for me, the manifestation of a mind arguing against itself, with a decided focus on assumed or obvious weaknesses. Rather than wasting time assigning blame or arguing against my better self, I've trained myself to take risks rather than suffer the regret of not trying. If I'm committed to making progress, then there is no better way for me to start than to work with my strengths. When I haven't made that commitment, then my greatest strength is making excuses.

Although I have little or no control over many things in the world (I ride the subway a lot ), that doesn't excuse me or disqualify me from doing what I need to do improve my life and that of those I love, or to make smaller parts of the world a better place to live,

For me, one of the requirements of Existence is to never confuse activity with progress, and to never confuse acceptance with passivity.