View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
EightyThree

In the first edition it actually says "The only requirement is an honestdesire to stop drinking. Somewhere a long the way it got switched.

In regards to your experience. I've seen a lot in the rooms and have encountered extreme Egofests. My first sponsor visited me in treatment all sad saying he has to get a 24 hour chip. It left me confused and the councillors in the centre suggested I find somebody else. Then a year later he got a 20 year medallion???????????!

Me being younger (I look like I'm 20 but am 33) I got a lot of attention when I ca,e in sometimes jealousy. I found a group and a sponsor right away because it was suggested. I'm on my 3rd sponsor now. The 2nd one I chose was just too busy and too new to the program. He had 2 years at the time but wasn't taken thoroughly through the steps. We did back to basics and I didn't get much out of it.

In treatment one of my housemates went to set at the back of the room because he was agitated and on the fence to if he was going to stay in treatment. The old timers came and said"you can't sit here unless you have 30 years" this set him off and I personally spent hours talking him into staying. Some people just have their own issues with ego. I suggest to ignore it. Focus on you. Do what's suggested by somebody who has done the work and who you respect. Don't let some snoopy people mess with your recovery