View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 06:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks so much again for the continuing prayers and support. I totally believe the prayers are heard and answered.

My mom still has the tubes which she hates. BUT today there were signs of bowel function! So maybe another day or two and they'll take them out? I don't know, the surgeon has to weigh in but thank God for some progress.

Her vital signs are all good. The kidney dr said he's done, her kidneys are fine. Yesterday she walked with a walker and the help of the PT! The PT, a very nice (and nice looking) (hey you're never too old to look) young man was very pleased with her abilities. Unfortunately, as today was Sunday, no PT was available so she stayed in bed. She's so tired of it all, the discomfort, the weakness, the tubes.

However - she is alive and recovering even if its slow and for that I'm so very grateful.

Tomorrow I return to California. I have 3 brothers. Two live in NY, one in CA and he arrives tonight. So they'll be here. I feel guilty leaving but this is just about the worst possible time for me to miss work. Of course if something urgent happened I'd stay but she is stable, if uncomfortable.

Love to all.