View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Refiner

Originally Posted by Yours Truly View Post

Then I came home to an email from my Dad.

The subject line was: NO SUBJECT.

The body of the email read: "WIG DAY!" And that was it.

Attached were several lovely photos of my stepmom wearing a new wig.

She recently started her 3rd round of chemotherapy treatments and apparently has begun to lose her hair. Otherwise she looked really good.

I have not responded to the email, and I did not receive it without some disappointment, actually. Emotionally, I was already halfway to the outer limits. I was really, really prepared to begin moving on. All things considered - and although I get anxious, depressed, angry, and aggravated at times - I'm relatively happy with where I am emotionally. I'm at a good place to set some boundaries.

But I don't even know what to say or how I should say it. I'm glad to hear from you? Thanks for writing? Stay in touch? I'm a little angry, too. Last time I heard from him he made it seem like she was really, really sick, so I had no idea what kind of condition she has been in all this time. God forbid I should ASK lest I be ostracized. I don't need to be walking on eggshells with this man or have what little of the fragile serenity I have reestablished disrupted, seriously.
Ok, I'm slowly making it thru your thread LOL and am commenting as I go. I should probably read it all the way thru then comment, but this way I can see how much I have learned on how to read ppl and situations. His E-mail is him baiting you. Since you haven't been proactively giving him his supply, he's baiting you into doing so. My N sister would also do this. In fact, my brother and I named it "click BOOM!" (Click = the removal of the pin and all hey how are you doing you look great I'm so happy for you blah blah blah niceties then !BOOM! goes the nasty grenade sending hate shrapnel through you!) I should write a book!