View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Yours Truly

Originally Posted by ring View Post
Hi Yours Truly, thanks! I will continue as I do to share anything that I think will add value to moving forward and if not I will tend to just read. Have a lovely night. Ring
I wanted to tell you that I added a couple of books you suggested to my Amazon wish list. There are more that I might find useful down the road.

There are a couple of other cheapie Kindle books I picked up which are short reads and were written by a bonafide narcissist. I have to admit, there's just something twisted about giving money to a narcissist who's profiting off the targets of narcissists! Talk about a vicious cycle, lol. There's no doubt that he is what he says he is - he just knows way too much. I couldn't get any closer to thinking like a sociopath I guess. His name is H.G. Tudor and judging by all the extensive "U's" in his vocabulary I believe he's a Brit.

;-)

When I responded to my Dad's initial email, I panicked afterward thinking I was locked in right then and there. I looked at your book list again and was thinking that none of them pertained to me anymore since most of them were geared toward moving on. Then I realized that I could still maintain as far a distance as I need to. My Dad being a narcissist, and according to Mr. Tudor, I don't expect that he will continue to pursue me forever anyway. Interesting stuff.

The book I'm reading now is titled Escape: How to Beat the Narcissist. It's a prequel to Departure Imminent: Preparing for No Contact to Beat the Narcissist. There's even another book after that and he has written many more. I don't care for the words "beat" in the titles since they imply aggression which is really not what these books are about. They more or less prepare the reader on what to expect when he/she prepares for no contact and how the narcissist uses all types of manipulation to defeat boundaries (which the author instructs the reader how to construct). He refers to anything you feed the narcissist as "fuel". It makes me wonder if what I "fed" my Dad in my recent emails was too much. . . . .

It's so sad that I'm no longer able to show how much I care about them. At the same time, I'm really appreciative of my ability to detach and view the situation for what it is (like from the outside looking in). Still, sometimes it even seems like this is the kind of thing that happens to other people, like it's a documentary or something, or that it's not even really happening. But it's real. These are REAL PEOPLE. Even higher-functioning people than me in many respects.

It's hard to understand how people without any real depth of feeling are able to function at normal capacity out in the community. The author of this book says it's pointless to try to understand why narcissists are the way they are. He's right as far as trying to patch things up. It's a waste of time and energy. I'm still curious though.