View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Yours Truly

Originally Posted by ring View Post
Hi Yours Truly, you got me thinking, Anger had a place in my recovery, it propelled me to get to the bottom of a lot of truth and help me to not feel fearful anymore. when I started unravelling the ball of dysfunctional wool which was how I was treated, I was really mad, it took sometime to work through it but I was really angry and did use that has motivation to push through. I think the depth of you wanting to understand and find the truth for you is commendable.
Ring, if only I'd seen your post I would have gotten to that lightbulb moment a whole lot quicker! Lol! I didn't refresh the page before I posted and that's why I missed your comments. Lesson learned.

I am motivated as well, Ring, very much so. I think your motivation is commendable too. I hope you will continue to share what brought you so far, and thank you for taking the time to do so today. I'm like a sponge right now.

I was PMing with another member and I told this individual that I appreciated his/her honesty, that it was very important to me and that I need that. I'm not defensive or offended by that kind of honesty AT ALL. I can take constructive criticism. I'm aware of my personal limitations for the most part. And if I'm not, then if it's truthful feedback, I will recognize it as truthful. So don't be afraid to call me out on something. Seriously - it's ok. I can't move forward if I'm not honest with myself.