View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
letitend

I think the flighty side comes from living with an addict. Never knowing what to expect, but always needing to be ready to make a plan to 'fix' something. I have never been able to get his opinion on life changes such as moving, purchasing something, job decisions, etc.

He is more of the variety of not giving a care in the world, because he is never financially responsible for it. He doesn't care about his credit, or trying to buy a house in the future, or even care about a career. As long as he has beer money, he is GOOD to GO. Literally, as long as he has beer (at 37 years old), he is cool.

I think mistakes are made. You learn from them. As many of us know, some mistakes take longer to recognize and are harder to deal with.

Last thought, I think with jobs and career, the best path is to do what you enjoy as much as you can, and to continue stepping up. Forward progression is what employers like to see. Get some experience under your belt, and you can always transition to something else. Experience is key.