Old 08-23-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
anchoredbylove

Dealing With Recovering Addict/Significant Others Family

My boyfriend is a recovering addict and his family (although we arent married we've been together for close to 10 years, and we consider each others families in laws), who was hardly there before the addiction and during are trying to be present now that he has decided to become clean. They are driving me nuts! Why now? They should've been there all along! I know the sincerely care but its overkill. Texting everyday, telling them they love him everyday (they arent the type of family who would usually do that), how proud they are of him (shouldnt you always be proud of your kids?), he knows its too much but wont say anything! And quite frankly its putting a rift in our relationship. I just dont want this to effect our lives and happiness, his recovery, and our family (me, him and our daughter). I have been there through all the good and bad and have seen how his family has treated him beforehand and now. I'm just not sure what I should do, Its driving me insane! Has anyone dealt with this, or have any advice?