View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

I would not continue to attend meetings, nor do I read posts much that offer advice. I have zero understanding of anyone's particular circumstances and have no MD, PHD or EIEIO after my name. I am not qualified.

I am highly qualified however to do one thing only - share my experiences and my story. What it was like, what happened and what it's like now.

For me the Big Book of AA is the only program. There's not fly's way......there's the common solution to a common problem = alcoholism. The instructions are the (including forward's) first 164 pages of the Book. Chapter 5 doesn't say How it works in Fly's program - it states This is How It works.

There a three part solution - Unity/Recovery/Service to a tri-fold problem - one of body, mind and spirit.

Unity = the fellowship/meetings.

My journey is my own. If I choose to work the program of Alcoholics Anonymous I become intimately engaged in the instructions as all others who work the program do.

I had never been to Costa Rica until a few years back. I did listen to others stories about this grand place but I also looked at a map and let the airlines take me there..........

Best of luck to us all on our journey's