Old 08-21-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
August252015

Nope, never.

I see people having fun and I think a few things- "glad they are having a good time!" "hope it's always ok for them to drink" and the like. I don't want anyone to have to suffer like I have; I do wish every alcoholic the peculiar gift of sobriety and all its trimmings. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Drinking and alcohol register with me - it's everywhere and I also work in a restaurant, so duh- but it's like I'm a third party observer now, and that's totally cool. My third eye takes everything in and processes it, and drinking and alcohol are just "things" going on.

There is so much more to see and feel being sober. If someone who's drinking bugs me, I move away or leave the situation. I don't spend time with big drinkers; I am perfectly fine being around my friends who are healthy and normal drinkers. Why shouldn't they have a martini and one glass of red wine when we have a nice steak dinner? Go for it.

It's not exactly that I ignore alcohol...it's just that, truly, the obsession has been removed and it's just another a,b,c in the infinite number of things in this world. And, truthfully? Drunk people should be jealous of MY life. Because it's pretty d*mn awesome. I work really hard for a beautiful, sober life and living with JOY is a gift I think a lot of people (alcoholics or not) would be amazed at having.