View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

Sounds like a good plan , I bet your family would rather you all go especially as it sounds like a family trip

I suggest your trust issues are coming from your AV, the part of your thinking that involves any thoughts or positive feelings on future alcohol consumption.
You are in control though, alone or with others, you always have complete control of the nerves and muscles involved with bringing a glass to your mouth, don't be fooled into thinking that situations or circumstances can play a part in relieving You of the control, or responsibility.

Take back the trust in yourself that the AV is trying to shake. Being alone "long term" and the idea that that is cause or reason to start drinking again, or that ensuring against it is the only way to stay sober is the AV trying to trick You into giving up the resolve to never start another bender, with added benefit of it not being your fault, entirely( ie "we(the AV and you) knew I couldn't be trusted alone, that's why this happened) , don't letIT set up a make to order self fulfilling prophecy, simply by deciding to trust your own resolve, take the leap to trust yourself and disarm doubt, you can do it.

Have a good time on the trip and come back and trust yourself