Thread: Justice?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
I didn't become a doormat just because I hurt other people while I was drinking, and there's nothing sober about doing so.

Manipulation is the kind of thing you imagine that your wife and current husband may be up to. In the end, this will only hurt them and their relationships with your children and with each other. Unfortunately, and as usual, it's the children who suffer most.
Thanks for the clarification, EG. Fatigue, coupled with already agitated emotions, tends to put me on the defensive and negatively affect reading comprehension.

Tonight my sponsor reminded me to stay focused on my recovery, independent of anyone or anything else, no matter how big or important those people and/or things are to me. The value and quality of my life, and any relationships I will ever have, are totally dependent upon that. Of course he acknowledged that it's much easier said than done, especially when it comes to something as central to my core values as my children, but I won't be doing them or myself any good at all if I lose sight of the journey I'm on, and the progress I've made.