View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Cauliflower

Inc, I am so happy for you. I loved catching up on your shopping stories. I absolutely love shopping!
But what girl doesn’t right?
OMD, I know exactly what you are talking about. I remember a while back I totally went ballistic and cleaned out junk corners and closets. It’s a work in progress! Nothing a fresh coat of paint can’t fix.
We went to a wedding this weekend and we all had fun. During cocktail hour I was slightly embarrassed when a friend with no class loudly asked if I was still not drinking and then asked how long has it been, 6 months? I could just feel all eyes and ears on me, I felt like a raging alcoholic, but I proudly told him 1.5 years (just a slight exaggeration). I was having a great time and my son told me I wasn’t even drunk like everyone else so I couldn’t dance. Well, I sure showed him you don’t need alcohol to have a good time! I even had him out on the dance floor.
We are off on our 2 week family holiday tomorrow. We are not driving, thank god, but decided we would have more time if we flew. We are going to Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Montreal! So excited.
I just have to say I feel fantastic. I am loving this sober life! I am meditating and exercising daily, and eating healthy, I’ve put on lean muscle and my weight is back to normal. I am just so happy and grateful for this life. This second chance at life. I will never let myself go back to who I was just a short while ago. I often wonder if I didn’t quit, how bad I would be now? It’s scary to even think how far I let myself fall, but I’m also thankful for the chance to learn and grow from the situation.
Ok, it’s bed time for me. If I don’t check in often in the next couple weeks, just know that I am thinking of you all. PS: I created my very own website which will have a blog aspect! I haven’t published anything yet, but I am writing! So happy. Message me if you are interested in the website address.