Old 08-14-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
George89

All my close friends seem to be drug users

I've realized recently that my 'inner circle', my three closest friends are all cocaine users. I feel trapped in a cycle of using cocaine and I realize now how obvious it is that it's my social group.

I do have other friends that don't take drugs, and I know the answer is to see them instead, and try to develop relationships further there.

I just feel frustrated I guess. I've spent many years complaining of hangovers, and now it seems to be cocaine is the next problem, or at least additional problem. The hangovers don't seem so bad, but they have morphed into come downs now.

I'm 27, and I get depressed that I'm still stuck in the same old ruts, the same old friends, the same old bad decisions, the impulsivity, the same patterns. To get on top, to really live life and be happy I believe I have to be free from all drink and drugs.

I get depressed that life is passing me by. I want to have fun hobbies, and live an adventurous life. I know the real adventure exists outside of drink and drugs. Travelling the world, living your dreams and passions, becoming financial stable, playing a lot of sport, getting great at an instrument, learning a language.

I feel strongly that the time wasted drinking and taking drugs as well as the aftermath, the lack of motivation and gumption, and also the money lost is keeping me from achieving my goals in life.

I need to stand up and sieze my life. I feel as if every minute I don't face my problems as a kind of slow death of my soul.

I don't know which friends I can see on the weekends. I don't have many truly sober friends. I know I will always feel depressed when drinking and taking drugs, and further away from being happy. Just alright is not good enough, I want to feel happy.