View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 07:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Yours Truly

Originally Posted by ring View Post
I just decided that I was not going to give my self worth and power away to anyone and that meant working out my own boundaries. And I started focussing on self coupling. I read and studied and reviewed information until I found what worked for me. This took a while and it was tough at first, but I pushed through. I suppose you can have limited contact, no contact but the most important thing is once you have established something is not quite right you put boundaries in place to protect yourself. I only have one life and I am not going to waste it trying to seek validation and approval from people who unfortunately are sick and set in there ways such as my family. Hugs to you.
Ring (I love your user name so much!), I am going to follow up both yours and Ann's posts with another post in a day or two. Several days ago I borrowed a digital library book titled "Children of the Self-Absorbed: A Grown-Up's Guide to Getting Over Narcissistic Parents." If you or Ann are not familiar with it, it can be seen on Amazon here: Children of the Self-Absorbed: A Grown-Up's Guide to Getting Over Narcissistic Parents.

The book appears to be geared more toward dealing with narcissistic parents one chooses to keep as part of his or her life. So far I have only read chapter 4. But I'll discuss more about the book later.

Thanks so much for your post. Yes, lots of studying and reviewing. I wonder what you mean by "self coupling"? Something else for me to research.

;-)