View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
HopeandFaith1

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
Yea Daisyforever my dad was a cop for over 20 years hated every second of it and the stories he tells me i'm constantly baffled why he kept doing it he hated it too so it not like even liked what he did he just kept going back why? kids to feed had to do what he had to do etc... My story is the same but a different field and i get annoyed I dont wanna spend my lifetime working a job i despise lifes to short for that I dont wanna be his age going heck did i do that for. But for now it is what it is and at least i got money flowing in .

Now and then i do buy a lotto ticket lol just being excited about the possibility of winning is fun i run around joking how the following day i'm calling in rich screw them lol. Course then i always loose but it was fun while it lasted lol.

Theres a lot of crap jobs one can enjoy tho. I"d imagine working in an animal shelter hs its not so pretty side as well but can be rather rewarding all at the same time. That being said in my case its not like i'm not willing to roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty and do stuff i dont wanna do. But i do like to end my work day with a sense of reward / achievement.
My brother hates it too. He likes helping the community but the community does not always seem to like him so much. It is sad.

About the animal shelter, I literally traded in my dresses and high heels for scrubs and shoveled poop for two and a half years, among many other things which were richly rewarding and heartbreaking at the same time. I still continued to drink heavily through that job too though which led me to realize the common denominator in all this was me, and not work.

I totally understand what you mean about wanting a sense of reward and achievement at the end of the day. I do too. Especially now that I am not drinking. It would be nice to make a difference. I just want you to know I can totally relate with everything you've said here. Best of luck to you ZJW.