View Single Post
Old 08-10-2016, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zjw

coping with pressure at work

curious ideas on how to cope with pressure at work. I got one boss everythings always urgent. In my drinking days i'd always jump stress myself out to the max trying to keep up then just drown myself in booze at the end of the day to calm myself back down.

Now i dont play that game. now lucky for me they've left me alone a lot oddly hte last year or so. So thankfully its been a little easier. But currently its a here we go again thing going down.

My strategy since sobering up has been to more or less try and stomach it and push through and if i miss deadlines and such cause I'm unable to scramble anymore oh well. This appraoch has worked but i've noticed they've backed off with that sorta stuff good and bad they could be loosing confidence in me. and they have been giving some of my work away to others so i mean I could be on my way out for all i know because i dont bow and jump all the time anymore. But sorry my sanity is more important to me.

I did one time run it back up the flag pole and state that a project was out of my league and it would take me too long to get done well longer then there expectations anyhow. I"m sure that didnt go over well but again it was that or panic myself senseless over it and not be very productive anyhow.

getting a new job isnt an option at the moment but yes idealy thats the ultimate solution.

any ideas on how to handle this kinda stuff with a job yet still maintain face and employment status?