Thread: Hallucinations
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Jam90

This bit is quite fuzzy. I was on a heavy session and got home and the flat was filled with people, they all stopped talking and stared at me. I got annoyed with my flat-mate for throwing an impromptu party. (Later found out they weren't actually there). I made my way to the bathroom.

This bit I remember clearly. I fought with a man I did not know in the bathroom and I stabbed him in the chest. A rat ran across my feet and I looked around and the walls were crawling with insects. A deep, clear voice said "You have committed a mortal sin and therefore you have been condemned to hell". A rotting corpse came out of the wall and started dragging me down. I was screaming and crying, begging to undo what I did. I am not even a religious person. Suddenly a crack of light appeared and a door opened up in what I can only describe as a cave of hell. I looked up and my flat-mate was standing there. This is where I had a moment of clarity and realised I was hallucinating. I pleaded with him to help me and explained that I was experiencing extreme hallucinations. I also became convinced someone had done this to me (e.g. spiked my drinks) and vowed to "destroy them". It didn't take long for my paranoia to get the better of me, and now I became truly convinced that the one person trying to help me, my flat mate, had done this to me. After a while the hallucinations subsided but the paranoia still ran deep. An ambulance turned up and at this point I was convinced my flat-mate was trying to get me sectioned so he could have the flat for himself. I pretended I was fine and tried to convince them that my flat-mate was lying. Eventually they left and I was alone.

The paranoia continued for a couple of weeks, which is not ideal when your flat-mate is also your colleague. I went to see a doctor and had blood tests to check if I had been spiked which it turns out I wasn't. My girlfriend also works at the place where I had been drinking and she said she had been keeping an eye on my drinks all night and it was just us regulars there anyway.

Anyway this whole experience ****** me up a bit. 2 years have gone by since that incident but i still keep thinking about it. I'm not really sure why I have posted this, but I saw this thread and just felt like I needed to get it out my head and written down because I keep thinking about it.

Thanks for listening.